Saturday, 16 January 2016

Viability


Viability


Is the product (documentary) financially viable?
No it is not, this is because the average cost for broadcasting and distributing a film/documentary  through television on the BBC is between £20K - £25K. There are a few websites which allows free video streaming such as YouTube but only for a maximum of 15 minutes, if anymore than that you will be charged their own bandwidth price. 

Do I have the necessary skills to undertake the production process?
I have basic skills in order to undertake in the production of my documentary through the help and guidance of FiveStar production team. I am able to operate a camera, take shots, edit and other skills which would help me produce my documentary.
I have revised my camera skills and they have made me confident to use the camera and equipment such as the tripod or a boom-pole if needed and i am familiar with the iMovie editing application which is available on Apple Mac's or the use of Avid media editing software which an industry editing software which delivers in the editing area with its advanced applications and effects - i think this would be the best option for my film.

Do you have the right equipment and technology available to you? 
I have enough equipment to undertake the production of my film. I have access to cameras, editing software's such as iMovie, AVID editing software which is industry equipment, lighting, microphones, sound recorders, boom poles etc. This enables me to have a successful outcome when I'm producing my film as I have industry equipment to do so.

What help and support will you require?
I will require the help of my teachers, family and friends and year 13 students whom have produced before. I may also be able to conduct some research on my own which will benefit me not only in the production of my documentary but give me new skills to hold.
Those whom i receive help from may show me the best and most effective way to do things and make a successful documentary - this will only really be possible with the support from my friends, piers and family.

Have you got enough time to produce the product? 
Yes, i have free periods in which i can produce some work. I have lunches and after schools to do video recording, take shots and to make use of all the equipment that I have. On weekends my most available day is Sunday which means that i can use the day productively where i don't have any interruptions to delay the production of my documentary.


No comments:

Post a Comment